Chicken Liver and Bacon Jaffles
By Chef Colin Fassnidge
- •2 slices of tip top white sliced bread
- •1 tube Maggie beer chicken liver pate or make your own (pg 16 4 kitchens cook book)
- •3 Caramelised white onions
- •Splash sherry vinegar
- •Sage leaves
- •4 slices short cut bacon
- •500g chicken liver
- 1.Butter sliced bread on both sides
- 2.Caramelise white onions in pan and bind together with splash of sherry vinegar - spread on one slice.
- 3.Chicken liver pate - spread on other slice
- 4.Sauté chicken liver until Medium rare, slice and place on top of onions
- 5.Crisp up 2 slices of bacon place on top of onions.
- 6.Make into sandwich, placing sage leave and slices of bacon around the outside of sandwich.
- 7.Place on a hot jaffle and cook until bacon is crisp and bread is golden.
- 8.Serve with cornichons.