Chorizo, fried bread, peppers, fried egg
By Chef Matt Stone
- •60g chorizo
- •½ cup diced bread
- •6 slices roasted red capsicum
- •4 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- •Herbs, parsley and basil work well
- •1 egg
- 1.Place a medium size sauté pan on a medium heat. Add the chorizo and a splash of olive oil, gently fry to render out the oils. Cook for around 5-7 minutes until looking crisp. You don’t want it to get to hot because you’ll burn the oil and this will ruin the dish.
- 2.Take the pan from the heat and drain the chorizo and place into a mixing bowl leaving the oil in the pan.
- 3.Add the diced bread to the pan and return to the heat. Keep the bread moving and cook till lightly toasted.
- 4.Add to the chorizo.
- 5.Place the pan back on the heat with a splash of olive oil. Add the tomatoes and peppers. Fry for a minute just to warm through and lightly cook.
- 6.Add these ingredients to the bowl.
- 7.Give the pan a wipe and then fry the egg. Just fry one side leaving the yolk runny. Add the herbs to the chorizo and mix well.
- 8.To serve, place the egg in the centre of the plate. Add the chorizo mix around the yolk of the egg. Finish with extra fresh herbs.