Pork belly pancetta
By Chef Dave Pynt
- •3.5kg pork belly
- •8 garlic cloves, crushed
- •12g pink salt
- •50g Kosher salt
- •30g honey
- •30g black pepper, finely cracked
- •15g juniper berries, crushed
- •6 fresh bay leaves
- •5g ground nutmeg
- •8 sprigs of thyme
- •extra - 30g ground black pepper
- 1.Trim the skin off of the pork belly.
- 2.Combine all ingredients except for the extra black pepper.
- 3.Coat the pork belly well and put into a cryovac bag. Put in the cool room for 7-10 days flipping every day until the pork starts to firm up.
- 4.When the pork is ready rinse everything off and coat the meat side with the extra ground black pepper.
- 5.Roll and tie the pancetta fat side out. Wrap in muslin cloth and store for up to two weeks in the fridge flipping every day.
- 6.Slice, cook on a char grill, serve and enjoy.