Sprout Coleslaw and Crisp Bacon
By Chef Colin Fassnidge
- •500g Jerusalem artichokes - washed and roughly chopped
- •1 onion finely chopped
- •2 cloves garlic - fine chopped
- •6 slices streaky bacon for cooking
- •4 slices of streaky bacon for garnish
- •1 parmesan rind
- •Splash Olive oil for cooking
- •500mls chicken stock
- •500mls cream
- 1.Chop the 6 slices of bacon roughly, sautee with onions and garlic in the olive oil.
- 2.Add the artichokes and the parmesan rind.
- 3.Cover with the cream and chicken stock
- 4.Cook until soft
- 5.Remove the rind
- 6.Blend the mixture until smooth
- 7.Taste and season.
- 8.Garnish: Julienne the 4 slices of bacon into small strips and fry in a pan with no oil - the fat will render and you will use this as garnish for the soup.