Victorian Golden Plains Pork Tournedos
Serves 10 people
- •1.2kg pork loin
- •300-400gm pancetta
- •100gm star anise powder
Blanched Baby Vegetables
- •10 baby heirloom radish
- •10 baby heirloom turnips
- •2 bunch beetroot with leaves attached
- •30gm finely chopped garlic
- •10gm salt
- •200ml olive oil
- •40ml fish sauce
- •120ml cobram olive oil
- •500gm carrot
- •10g salt
- •1lt water
- •5gm star anise
- •80gm butter
- •25gm cream
- 1.Slice pancetta as thin as you can on a slicer. And lay them on pieces of baking paper slightly overlapping each other. Make them the same length as the pieces of pork you have cut.
- 2.Clean the sinew from the pork loin. Cut into 100gm pieces, try to get rectangle sized pieces around (8cmx4cm) so they cook evenly and present well.
- 3.Place loin on the pancetta and roll on the long side. Then wrap them tightly in cling film, tie the ends tight to keep it rounded.
- 4.To cook, place the pork in the steaming trays and spread them out. Set the combi oven to steam at 85”c. insert probe into the smallest piece and bring the core temp up to 46”c.
- 5.Meanwhile, get an ice water bath ready with plenty of ice. Refresh the pork into water bath to stop it cooking any further. Place in fridge until needed.
- 6.TO SERVE: Bring the pork out and bring up to room temperature, bring a pan up to medium on the stove. Place in olive oil and sear all sides of the pancetta of the pork until golden brown. Take out and rest for a few minutes and to serve cut in halve to expose the beautiful pink meat inside.
- 7.BLANCHED BABY VEGETABLES: Wash the vegetables very well. Clean around the root well to remove soil. Cut of the top ends. When serving blanch for 2-3mins , cut it in half and place into garum dressing . Then serve
- 8.BEETROOT RAPA: Wash beetroot and leaves very well to remove soil. Finely dice the beetroot and the leaves. Place oil in a large saucepan and bring up to medium heat. Place in the beetroot. Cook for a few minutes then place in the garlic and the leaves. Cook on a medium heat until the beetroot is soft and cooked through.
- 9.CARROT PUREE: Place carrots, star anise (wrapped in muslin cloth), salt and water in a pot. Bring to the boil and then turn to a simmer and cook until the carrots are soft and blend in thermomix and strain through a fine strainer to remove any lumps. Set the temperature on the thermomix to 85c. When up to temp add in cream and butter and whip it up on high speed, until it becomes very silky and creamy, season to taste.